So first, you need criteria for your workout and I had the above plus really I wanted to push my muscles a bit, I wanted to to get some cardio just to get my blood pumping and I wanted to stretch, all in 30 minutes or so. I thought this would be a great opportunity to talk about my 30 minute workout.
Here is my 30 minute workout
Cardio for 15 minutes
- 5 minutes on stationary Bike or rowing.
- 10 minutes on Elliptical Trainer
Weights for 15 minutes
- Bench Press 1 set of 8 to failure, dropped weight for another 4 reps
- Seated Row 1 set of 10 to failure (guessed the weight to use well)
- One armed lateral raise with cable 1 set of 12 for each arm
- 7-2-1 for Biceps (this is 7 reps going from bottom to half way up, 7 from half way up to the top, and 7 full reps
- Tricep pushdowns 1 set of 10
- Squats 1 set of 10
- Hamstring curls 1 set of 10 heavy weight
- 10 minutes of stretching, stetching every muscle group a minimum of two times for 10 seconds each.
OK, so probably 35 minutes but this workout did a few things well. It stretched my muscles really well, it woke me up with cardio and I really pushed my muscles quickly.