In some people, fat accumulates in the hips, thighs, and buttocks. Others find fat accumulating in their midsection or stomach.
While excess fat in any area is bad, visceral fat or fat that accumulates in the abdomen is more dangerous. It increases the risk of developing heart disease and Type 2 diabetes.
If you are wary of medical treatments and weight-loss pills, you may want to know how to lose belly fat naturally.
Exercise and diet changes are the best ways to lose belly fat naturally. There are also other steps you can take to reduce belly fat safely.
How to Lose Belly Fat Naturally
1. Get a good night’s sleep. You need 6-8 hours of sound sleep to maintain a healthy body. When you are sleep deprived, your metabolism drops by 10-15%.
Sleep deprivation also causes glucose intolerance and increases the production of cortisol, causing you to feel hungry. Getting enough sleep helps reduce fat storage in the body.
2. Don’t skip breakfast. Mom was right. A good breakfast jumpstarts your metabolism and gives it a boost. Eat more proteins for breakfast.
You’ll feel full longer and prevent food cravings that will have you eating more. Eating breakfast will help you lose body and belly fat naturally.
3. Consume low-calorie, nutrient-dense food. Eat more fiber-rich foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, seeds and legumes. Choose lean cuts of meat and low-fat or fat-free dairy products.
Avoid highly processed foods that contain high amounts of sodium, fats and sugar. Healthy foods will help you lose belly fat naturally.
4. Perform cardiovascular exercises. Cardio workout should be done for at least 30 minutes to encourage fat burning. Brisk walking, jogging, biking, swimming, and kickboxing are excellent forms of aerobic or cardio exercise.
5. Develop your abdominal muscles. Targeting your abs will help tone and flatten your belly.
Some of the best abs exercises that will help you lose belly fat naturally include crunches, sit-ups, leg raises, and pelvic tilts.
6. Get stronger. Lift weights to develop your muscles and increase muscle mass. Muscle tissue burns more calories than fat does, even while at rest.
When your muscle mass increases, your metabolic rate will also increase. Your body will burn more calories and you will lose belly fat naturally.
7. Eat less but eat more often. Have a light snack once every two to three hours between meals to increase the rate of your metabolism. Snack on fruits, vegetables, healthy nuts, and other natural foods. Include whole-grain cereals in all your meals.
Whole grain cereals are high in fiber, low in calories, and will keep you feeling full longer. Try some fat-burning foods that will help you lose belly fat naturally.
|Have you thought that maybe you have the whole picture wrong about how to get six pack abs? There is this fantastic diet and exercise system that will teach you everything you need to know about how to get a firm and trim midsection and that allows your ab muscles to show through.Check out my Six Pack Abs review now.|
- Lose Belly Fat Tips Many people want to lose belly fat and reduce their stomach size. Recent research has shown that, not only is...
- How to lose belly fat How to lose belly fat is very important to many people. New medical studies continue to pile on evidence that...
- Reduce Belly Fat in Men: 5 Effective Tips for Building Great Abs Wives, you have two compelling reasons to reduce belly fat in men. One is looks (do you know of any...
We are just over a couple of months into 2017 and I am seeing the gym motivation starting to quiet down. As veteran members all know the wait for gym equipment usually peters out by the beginning of February as most of the new members stop going to the gym or at least stop coming very often.
I always think of new years as being a very trendy time for gym memberships as the prices drop to get new members and there is a lot of excitement as many people show up for the first time and then get bored, sore and disillusioned and move on to the next exciting thing in their lives.
A few people we will see get the bug and do not stop and will become lifelong lifters but I always used to wonder what makes the difference between those that stay at the gym and those that leave.
Here is my list of the things that stop people from hitting the gym and how to get around them.
Gym Motivation Killers – How To Break Them
1. No pain, no gain – The problem here is that most people push themselves far to hard and have no time to recover between workouts and after being sore for a month it is impossible to go on. This looks to newbies as a ridiculous lifestyle.
To get away from this problem why not just slow down. If you want to look hot for the summer why not take it a little easier. The beach will still be empty next week so dont kill yourself trying to look like a greek god now.
2. No results – When getting started in a gym you may not get fast results in losing weight. Your workouts are going to lose you fat as well as gain you muscle so you are going to not be losing as fast as you hope.
Give it time.
As you gain muscle it takes your body more calories to keep that muscle, as well as increasing your metabolism, which in turn will help you lose fat.
3. Tiredness – This relates to number one. You will be tired as your body adjusts and as you gain strength, lose fat and get healthier. After you adjust to the new workouts you will get more energy and not be nearly as tired as you were before you started this healthier lifestyle.
4. No time except for the gym – This is a doozy. When you get started the only thing that matters is going to the gym and then suddenly you have lost touch with the rest of the world and you miss that.
Why not just start reducing the time you workout. You do not need to work out two hours a day. 45 minutes to an hour is all you should be spending in the gym as you get started.
5. Boredom – Boredom can definitely creep into your attitude at the gym. This is usually caused, I believe, from not having a plan, goals and a way to make sure that you are going to achieve them.
If you just go in and lift weights randomly or do a cardio workout when you cant think of any muscle groups that you feel like doing then you are quickly going to get bored and not know why you are spending time in the gym.
Get together with a trainer at the gym that you join and get a plan together for what you are going to do each day in the gym and set some realistic goals and you should be set.
Other than these issues the biggest issue is that the first gym you saw was the one you joined and you just might not enjoy working out there. Try going through my list of how to choose a gym, and my other gym staff articles to make sure that you pick the right place to workout and keep your gym motivation up.
- Weekly Motivation Checkup It is very important to keep our motivation and to make changes or at least keep changes in our life...
- Motivation to Lose Weight: How Do I Stay Motivated? Do you have trouble maintaining your motivation to lose ? The problem many people have is that they’ve been struggling...
- Break Out Those Butt Firming Moves. Have you ever asked a friend, husband or child the question, “Does this make my butt look big?” As women,...
I love all these 12 tips. So often in life we are trying to make sure that we please everyone else as well as trying to make sure that we control everything around us.
I can tell you from personal experience that you have to let go sometimes and just let things happen.
I was watching a video today that featured Robert Greene, the author of 48 Rules of Power and in the video Robert says that most of the time life and circumstances control of something like 95% of our decisions, time, and control. So we need to take advantage of that last 5% that we control and try to push it up to 7%, 8% or even more.
Every day we are given challenges to overcome. We have control over many of these.
Also everyday we have many many decisions to make. Some of these decisions are conscious, like what are we going to eat for breakfast. Other decisions are unconscious – like how to avoid responsibility, hardship or pain. We tend to take the easy way out in these decisions but sometimes we have to face that fear head on.
So tomorrow, remember, anytime you encounter anyone else remember to smile, to put yourself in their shoes, to laugh, to help, and most of all to be kind. We all know that what comes around will be based on how we treat others.
- 4 Healthy Lifestyle Tips for Quick Weight Loss If someone told you that you only need to diet and exercise in order to lose all that extra fat...
- 100 Eating Tips For A Healthier Lifestyle A total of about 100 healthy lifestyle tips. These are a giant list of simple and easy tips that can...
- Questions to ask to improve a healthy lifestyle A few days ago I wrote about the small decisions that govern your life and how making those little changes...
I just watched this great video from Jeff Cavaliere from Athlean-X. This video shows a sample set for incline bench and give a lot of tips that the fellow, Jesse, is doing wrong.
When you look at the video you will see that the actual motion of the exercise is great and that there are other things at play here, like weight set length.
There are a few things to concentrate on but Jeff is saying that most important things to think about is weight set length, most people have sets that are to short taking only around 30 seconds or so. Getting at least 45 seconds of stress in each set and more closer to 60 seconds, this is more important than the number of reps – so slow down your reps.
Another thing that was very interesting that I learned in this video was something I have always been very conscious of, and that is form and completeness of reps.
Jeff says that what he find people doing is cheating be not doing a full range of motion so that they can get their full number of reps in. This is bad.
Form – Weight Set Length – Sets To Failure
I love this all being pointed out. I tend to find at the gym that I see a lot of people cheating to get the weight that they want, and swinging things to get the reps that they want. If you just remember that you want to lift as hard as you can for 45-60 seconds per set than you will find that by the end of your workout you will be tired, sore, and satisfied that you gave it your all.
I find that I run into the same thing as I go through my workout. I start full of energy but by half way through my workout I am spent. I work every set to failure and then I have no energy left. This leads many people to just lengthen their workout with longer and longer rest times between sets.
There are a few things that you can do to increase your weight set length.
Instead of trying to do these long workouts it is far better to just make sure that you are working each set to failure and if you are worried that you will not be able to finish your workout then go with lighter weights later in your workout. Remember as well to try and get up to around 60 seconds for your weight set length.
- High rep and Low rep sets Today I was feeling a little sluggish walking into the gym. I knew it was a day to do weights...
- Weight Training Routine A Weight training routine is an important part of your strength training and in fact your overall fitness regimen. When...
- High Reps and Feeder Workouts I ran across this video and just loved what Tim and Rich have to say about a couple of things....
Are you hungry because you’re overweight, or are you overweight because you’re hungry? This is no chicken-or-the-egg question.
To some degree, at least, you are hungry because you’re overweight. You have more body area and that means greater surface to radiate heat and call for calories.
That being the case, foods which satisfy your hunger fastest will help you to cut down comfortably on your calories. Nutritionists call the hunger-satisfying properties of foods “satiety value.”
Satisfying foods are those that remain longest in the stomach and small intestine, demanding the most vigorous attention from the digestive machinery.
Which Foods Are Most Satisfying For Appetite
Meat is the most satisfying of all foods, containing extractives that stimulate the stomach to highest activity. Milk ranks next to meat in satiety value; whole milk is more satisfying than skim milk. Fish is slightly less satisfying than meat because usually it contains less fat. Eggs vary according to preparation. Raw eggs pass quickly from the stomach; hard-boiled eggs have greater satiety value than soft-boiled, and about the same as fried.
Green vegetables and bread are low in satiety value. Oddly, bread becomes even less satisfying when toasted.
Fats are high in satiety value; hence moderate reducing diets often allow more fats than carbohydrates as a kindness to the appetite.
Aside from the satisfying effects of food, there are other ways of putting a check rein on your appetite. Here are ten ways of cracking down and letting your appetite know who’s boss.
10 Ways To Be Tough With Your Appetite
1. Stop eating while you’re still a little hungry. For reasons that are not fully understood, persons who tend to put on do not receive the “full up” signal from their meals as promptly as they should.
Consequently they go on eating after hunger is satisfied. Stop eating just a little earlier than you usually do and you will be surprised, within a few minutes, to discover that appetite has really been appeased.
2. Revise your mental habits. A lot of people put on because, having few things that interest them, they turn to nibbling as a socially entertaining way of killing time. Keep busy at something else and watch your yen for eating fall within normal limits.
3. Use foods that demand vigorous chewing. The first organs of digestion are the teeth. Food that is bolted (except by carnivores) makes things tougher for your stomach and deprives you of the full savor of the things you eat-consequently you want more to satisfy your taste.
Meat, crisp celery, raw carrots-all of these call for vigorous maxillary action that helps satisfy your appetite.
4. Don’t wash food down with water. The only valid objection to drinking water with meals is that you may wash down lumpy masses of half-chewed food and thus unconsciously step up your intake.
5. Don’t be tricked by fancy foods. An ice cream sundae topped off by nuts and whipped cream can tempt anybody’s appetite. If you keep out of the way of such temptations, however, you will find that your appetite is just as happy as a baby who has never heard about lollipops.
6. Keep count on calories. A rough idea of calorie values is all you need to tone down a rambunctious appetite considerably. It’s a lot easier to say “I’ll take an orange” when you know there are 450 calories in a husky slab of mince pie.
7. Scuttle your alibis. If you blame your over on heredity or glands, have your doctor check you up-I dare you.
If you feel that you can’t say “no” to the hostess who urges a second helping on you, for risk of hurting her feelings, remember that she probably is insistent because of a high sense of hospitality, and secretly may be thinking how nice it would be to have some leftover comestibles for tomorrow’s pick-up dinner.
8. Put a fruit bowl on the coffee table instead of a box of chocolates. Eating between meals isn’t bad; it’s good -provided you choose a piece of fruit or a glass of milk instead of concentrated candies and pastries, and don’t exceed your calorie limits.
9. Don’t bring up your appetite with alcohol. We aren’t saying you shouldn’t drink. But if you drink, remember that the appetite stirred up by alcohol is spurious. It isn’t the real McCoy. It’s another trick to make you hungry when you aren’t.
10. Don’t go without breakfast. Lots of us kid ourselves that we’re reducing because we’re rushed or sleepy in the morning and coast along on a cup of coffee. This is necessary in short-term reducing diets, but appetite is controlled better through the day when we give it a respectful breakfast nod.
- What is Hoodia? I have been seeing a lot of ads and products lately containing Hoodia gordonii that acts as an appetite suppressant....
- Surefire Ways to Burn Fat Fast. If you are a woman and struggling to lose fast, this article would help you achieve your goal. Believe it...
- Caralluma – Appetite Suppressant Is Caralluma the next Hoodia? As we have all heard and I have written here. Hoodia is one of the...