How to lose a pound a week - 52 Tips

How to lose a pound a week. Anne Alexander is the writer of a book called Win the Fat War. I am still trying to track her down but it looks like she is a writer for Prevention magazine. As you probably remember from last weeks Biggest Loser Couples Prevention magazine does all sorts of weight loss articles and also has great news otherwise including how to lose a pound a week.

The critical thing to remember is that there are 3500 calories in a pound so everyday you need to decrease your eating and increase your exercise to get 500 calories freed up. 500 calories is a meal or an hour of exercise although there are a few interesting points to remember as well. This list should help you out.

[caption id="attachment_23678" align="alignleft" width="250"]How to lose a pound a week How to lose a pound a week[/caption]

Anyway Anne, If you get a chance to read this post, I have posted all of these tips that Anne Alexander wrote in a Prevention magazine article and they are fantastic. This is a list that can help anyone lose weight and gain muscle and take control of your eating and health.

Read these and comment on what you think will help you in how to lose a pound a week. I will try to find an email address for Anne so we can email and thank her as well for these great lose a pound a week tips.

How to Lose a pound a week - Believe in Yourself


1. Ditch all-or-nothing thinking. Every time that Sandra Wadsworth, 41, attempted weight loss, she'd quit at the first slipup. "But I finally lost 20 pounds when Weight Watchers helped me see that I wasn't a bad person. Everyone makes mistakes. The key is to learn from them."

2. Start with a bang. At 315 pounds, Kelly Feick had long hidden behind her blond, waist-length hair. But when she decided to take a risk and cut it, her courage to change sparked a sense of purpose and commitment. Kelly, 32, began eating healthier and walking every day. In 1 year, she dropped from a size 30 to a size 4. Pounds lost: 185.

3. Seize your strength. "I stopped telling myself that I was destined to be overweight forever," says Adrienne Sussman, 52. "I accepted that whatever was broken, I had the power to fix." To get comfortable with yourself, stand in front of a mirror completely naked every couple of weeks. Find one body part that you like--even if it's your elbows! When Adrienne stopped berating herself, she shed 30 pounds.

4. Make a dream book. "Before I could change my body, I had to change my thinking," recalls Sonia Turner, 43. "To build my confidence, I created a scrapbook of people exercising and overcoming adversity. I included a photo of my husband's company Christmas party. I'd always stayed home because I was embarrassed, but I announced, 'Next year, we're going.'" When the holidays rolled around, Sonia had lost 135 pounds. She and her husband danced the night away.

5. See a pro. At age 50, George Trott was diagnosed with diabetes and heart disease. That news got him to trim down 40 pounds, but he needed to lose more. On the suggestion of his daughter, he visited a dietitian who helped him fine-tune his diet. He finally shed all the necessary pounds, and his subsequent blood tests improved too.

How to Lose a pound a week - Embrace Change


Change is critical in how to lose a pound a week

6. Be flexible. Kris Roberts's schedule didn't allow her to set up a rigid exercise routine. So Kris, 37, took a different approach. "I did whatever was most convenient. My only goal was to do something to raise my heart rate and work up a sweat every day-even if only for 5 minutes." Her flexibility kept Kris motivated to exercise and enjoy it. She's maintained her 50-pound weight loss for 10 years.

7. Don't blame it on age. Connie Bissonnette, 58, had given up, believing that weight gain was a normal part of aging. Her son proved her wrong. "He said, 'Just give me 10 minutes, three times a week,'" Connie recalls. "He devised a workout of exercises such as seated leg lifts and wall pushups that I did at home." Connie began enjoying the exercises and eventually worked her way up to a 30-minute routine. Pounds lost: 41.

8. Step away from the scale. By the time Kym Hubert's weight reached 245, the 41-year-old was checking her scale three times a day. Desperate to help, her husband smashed the scale. "It was depressing having my 'addiction' taken away," she says. But she started focusing on a new weight loss interest: walking. When Kym finally weighed herself a year later, she'd lost 80 pounds.

9. Personalize your plan. Dozens of weight loss plans had failed Lisa Douglass, 29, so she created her own. "I decided to be responsible for my choices," she says. Lisa scoured exercise and nutrition materials, chose the best advice, and developed her own program. She went from 280 pounds to 160 over a 2-year period. "Even though I still make bad choices occasionally, I like the fact that I'm making them," she says.

How to Lose a pound a week - Set the Right Goals


Goal setting is also critical to help you in how to lose a pound a week. If you know wh

Read more ...

No comments: