In some people, fat accumulates in the hips, thighs, and buttocks. Others find fat accumulating in their midsection or stomach.
While excess fat in any area is bad, visceral fat or fat that accumulates in the abdomen is more dangerous. It increases the risk of developing heart disease and Type 2 diabetes.
If you are wary of medical treatments and weight-loss pills, you may want to know how to lose belly fat naturally.
Exercise and diet changes are the best ways to lose belly fat naturally. There are also other steps you can take to reduce belly fat safely.
How to Lose Belly Fat Naturally
1. Get a good night’s sleep. You need 6-8 hours of sound sleep to maintain a healthy body. When you are sleep deprived, your metabolism drops by 10-15%.
Sleep deprivation also causes glucose intolerance and increases the production of cortisol, causing you to feel hungry. Getting enough sleep helps reduce fat storage in the body.
2. Don’t skip breakfast. Mom was right. A good breakfast jumpstarts your metabolism and gives it a boost. Eat more proteins for breakfast.
You’ll feel full longer and prevent food cravings that will have you eating more. Eating breakfast will help you lose body and belly fat naturally.
3. Consume low-calorie, nutrient-dense food. Eat more fiber-rich foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, seeds and legumes. Choose lean cuts of meat and low-fat or fat-free dairy products.
Avoid highly processed foods that contain high amounts of sodium, fats and sugar. Healthy foods will help you lose belly fat naturally.
4. Perform cardiovascular exercises. Cardio workout should be done for at least 30 minutes to encourage fat burning. Brisk walking, jogging, biking, swimming, and kickboxing are excellent forms of aerobic or cardio exercise.
5. Develop your abdominal muscles. Targeting your abs will help tone and flatten your belly.
Some of the best abs exercises that will help you lose belly fat naturally include crunches, sit-ups, leg raises, and pelvic tilts.
6. Get stronger. Liftweights to develop your muscles and increase muscle mass. Muscle tissue burns more calories than fat does, even while at rest.
When your muscle mass increases, your metabolic rate will also increase. Your body will burn more calories and you will lose belly fat naturally.
7. Eat less but eat more often. Have a light snack once every two to three hours between meals to increase the rate of your metabolism. Snack on fruits, vegetables, healthy nuts, and other natural foods. Include whole-grain cereals in all your meals.
Whole grain cereals are high in fiber, low in calories, and will keep you feeling full longer. Try some fat-burning foods that will help you lose belly fat naturally.
|Have you thought that maybe you have the whole picture wrong about how to get six pack abs? There is this fantastic diet and exercise system that will teach you everything you need to know about how to get a firm and trim midsection and that allows your ab muscles to show through.Check out my Six Pack Abs review now.|