Weight Watchers Success Story - Tony

Wow. In looking back this is the first guy that I have had as a Weight Watchers success story. I am not sure why, but men just do not get involved in weight watchers as much as women do. Nice to see what can happen when a guy goes through the work to lose weight using the Weight Watchers system.

Skinny throughout childhood, Tony was accustomed to eating to his heart's content and not putting on pounds. As he got older, this California man found that excessive eating was making him overweight. The birth of his twin granddaughters made Tony realize the importance of getting his health under control.

Our son and his wife blessed us with twin girls. My wife and I want to live healthy and long lives, so we can enjoy our granddaughters. When I helped my son move into his new house, every time I went up and down the staircase, I would lose my breath and my knees would hurt from supporting my body weight. I said, "Enough is enough. I need to do something to improve my life."

Changing Habits
The hardest part was getting started. Seeing how much weight I had to lose made me wonder if it was impossible. Once I joined Weight Watchers meetings and started following the POINTS Weight-Loss System, I got past that. Sure, there were weeks where my weight stayed the same (or maybe I even gained a little), but I always received lots of encouragement from my family and my friends at the meetings. Weight Watchers is a simple program; I can eat real food, and my weight loss is in my own control.

I began taking our dog Sophie on lengthy walks. I exercise 3 times a week, using a stationary bicycle, and various cardio vascular and toning exercises.

My wife Lucy has been my biggest supporter, as I am hers. Our sons are very supportive of our decision to lose weight and make sure that when we visit, they prepare healthy meals. Being Italian, I really enjoy my wine. Does watching my weight mean I don't drink wine at all? Absolutely not! I have my glass, and I track the POINTS values.

Real Food, Real Results
When you're following the Weight Watchers plan, you eat real food. I have never deprived myself throughout my weight-loss process. I still go on vacations, and I still eat. I still enjoy my snacks. The difference is I track the POINTS values. It is all manageable and I make it work.

A New Man
I can wear clothes that have been buried in my closet for a very long time. I can walk effortlessly. Now when I go up and down the stairs, I'm not tired and don't feel any pain. I feel younger than I have in quite a long time. I can look in the mirror and realize how much the hard work, dedication and willpower paid off.

Prior to starting Weight Watchers, my main meal would consist of large portions of all types of meats, starches but little vegetables. Now, our meal preparations consist of large portions of all kinds of vegetables and fruits, and a minimal amount of meat. I had no idea that butternut squash, broccoli rabe, asparagus, peppers and fresh string beans could taste so good and be so satisfying. We also enjoy grilling vegetables on the barbecue.

My decision to start Weight Watchers did not deprive me in any way of eating all of the foods I enjoy. I will continue make sensible eating choices. I never want to be heavy again, and most of all, I want to enjoy my entire family and those gorgeous granddaughters.

No comments: