Fit over 40 review


How can you be Fit over 40


Last week I turned 40 and as part of the process of reaching another one of those ages with a 0 on the end I decided to take a look at what I should do differently with my health and exercise.

Yes, I know, age is just a number and it is more important to treat your body well, but there are health and fitness issues that will make a difference in exercise, for example we produce less testosterone naturally as we get older so it is more difficult to gain muscle

Fit over 40 Part one


Jon Benson describes his struggles and successes and how he was able to transform his body and health. And further Jon lays outs some great principles

  • BodyWorks: Strength & Strategy

  • Inner Fuel: The Taste of Health

  • I Can See The Valley: New Hills, New Horizons

  • Begin and Believe

  • Post-40 Training Tips


Fit over 40 Part Two


This is where Tom Venuto of Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle fame kicks in. Tom Goes through the five pillars of Anti Aging:

  • Pillar 1: Weight & Strength Training

  • Pillar 2: Aerobic Training

  • Pillar 3: Learning To Be Flexible

  • Pillar 4: Lifelong Nutrition

  • Pillar 5: Recovery and Renewal


After going through this and helping us realize what a big part the mental game is in getting fit we now have a well rounded process for getting, keeping, and improving lifelong health.

Conclusion of Fit over 40 Review


Fit over 40, I believe is a great read and reference book for almost anyone over 40 years old. In comparing Fit over 40 to Burn the Fat Feed the muscle, I find that this book is less in the actual workout regimen but is much better in role models. It is always easy in popular culture to find the freaks, the people over 90 that do triathlons, or the young kid that swims the English Channel. But what about the rest of us? How about the people to old to be pro athletes (although the book has a couple) but still young enough to be incredibly fit and healthy?

Read more about lower back exercises.....

No comments: